Responsible for fulfilling the tasks linked to the strategic sourcing process and any commercial issue during the validity period of the agreements within the specific categories. The SM is responsible for the suppliers, the agreements, the portfolio and the total cost of the agreements (Material Price Index , part price, logistics cost etc.)
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
1. Category management
• Establishes and drives team of key stakeholders (Sourcing Account Manager, major consumers, technical resources)
• Knows the supplier market, technologies, product trends, Price trends and the existing as well as future opportunities in the market
• Decides if a specification has to be met by existing supplier or put into the market
• Decides supplier and negotiates price/cost related to D&E projects
• Secure that Grundfos continuously develop the supply base
• Prepare the annual investment budget (tooling) for relevant categories
• Secures that the suppliers are established in SAP and that the information linked to the suppliers and category are kept updated
2. Sourcing management
• Uses the segmentation tool to categorize current and future market
• Based on the segmentation external market information and internal business plans a long term sourcing strategy is
developed and approved/committed by the category council (Purchase management and relevant GMs)
• Responsible for tendering process RFI/RFQ
• Responsible for preparing negotiation strategy and running the negotiation process with the involvement of relevant stakeholders.
• Secures that the negotiation is closed by signing a Grundfos framework agreement (FWA) and that the contract coverage for the category is according to target
3. Cost management
• Prepares the MPI budget for the category, secures optimized total cost and follows up on the MPI (monthly) as well as realized savings according to the agreements
• Participates in cost optimization projects like Supplier Focused Initiatives, should cost projects, Lean projects etc.
• Drive cost optimization through Strategic Sourcing projects, 3rd Party 3P etc.
4. Supplier portfolio management
• Participates in supplier classification (K/C/T) in cooperation with the SAM
• Based on input from the local units and SAM, the SM sets performance targets for the suppliers.
• Continuously optimizes the composition of the supplier portfolio taking risk, cost, requirements (ethics, environment, quality etc), and competences into account
• Works with key suppliers on business development sharing strategies, technology road maps and future cooperation
• Works with auditors to pre-approve suppliers, run audits and follow-up on audit results
• Works closely together with the relevant SAMs to follow initiated supplier development activities
Key Collaboration Partners/Stakeholders
Purchase management, Functional Managers, SAMs, technical responsible (PTRs) and internal purchase staff
Educational Qualification Bachelor/ Master's Degree or equivalent work experience
Has 12-15 years experience in a similar job/area position
Key Competencies and Skills
•Strong communicator towards both internal and external
•Experienced in strategy creation and strategic sourcing
•Strong and experienced negotiator at all levels
•Able to take decisions
•Willing to travel •Good analytical skills.
•Efficient team player.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany, USA and Canada and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.