Grundfos India’s Sustainability Endeavours Acknowledged at the FICCI International Sustainability Development Conference 2013
Company wins the runner-up award for its sustainability endeavours
Bangalore, India, 28 June, 2013: Grundfos Pumps India Pvt. Ltd. (Grundfos India) was named as the runner-up winner of the ‘Best Corporate Sustainability Endeavour Award’ (SME category) at the FICCI International Sustainability Development Conference 2013. This two day conference organized by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) was held in Bangalore on June 25 & 26. It was a platform that brought together various stakeholders (Government, industry, corporates, civil society) who can promote sustainability through responsible business in the country.
Grundfos India won this award for its sustainability endeavours which has a far reaching impact both externally in the country and internally within the company. Some of its key sustainability initiatives include:
- Developing the best engineering solutions for the country’s environmental problems. Grundfos’ high efficiency pump and motor technology can reduce the average pump's energy consumption by up to 60% in many cases.
- Grundfos’ solar pumps are transforming the socio-economic lives of rural Indians. Users have bought more than 7000 solar pumps since 2001of which more than 5000 have been installed and are operating successfully. These pumps are extremely environmentally friendly as they use renewable energy.
- Sustainability starts at home at Grundfos India. The company is setting a good example by reducing its own impact on the environment. To begin with its office in Chennai is India’s first gold-rated green building energy efficient with 100% recycling of the sewage, rain water harvesting and with solar collectors and photovoltaics. Grundfos India’s factory is also Gold Certified by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) Green Factories Rating System. The company also has many employee focused sustainability initiatives.
- In India, Grundfos has a goal of identifying 15 million KW/Hr hour energy savings and 10,000 tons of CO2 emission reduction annually for the nation. From 2006 to date, Grundfos Pump Audit Team has conducted 730 energy audits for a variety of industries and commercial buildings across the country. Over this period of time, it has audited more almost 6200 pumps and identified power savings of 17014 KW/Hr and 73,159 tons/year equivalent CO2 emission reductions.
- Grundfos India works with students from elementary schools to universities to spread awareness on sustainability as it feels the young are the best change agents. The company has been successful in reaching out to 503,000 students since 2010.
Commenting on Grundfos India receiving the award, Ranganath N. Krishna, Managing Director, Grundfos India said, “It is an honour to be recognized for our sustainability endeavours by a business organisation like FICCI. Grundfos as a company is committed to sustainability. At our core we strongly believe that energy efficiency and water conservation is the key to a cleaner and greener planet”.
To know more about Grundfos India’s sustainability endeavours, click here to watch a video.
About Grundfos Pumps India Pvt. Ltd. (Grundfos India)
Grundfos India a wholly owned subsidiary of Grundfos holdings was established in March 13, 1998. Grundfos India is responsible for sales of Grundfos products in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Maldives. Currently, Grundfos India has more than 250 employees and works with 150 distributors and dealers with 13 offices across India. Grundfos India provides pumps and pumping solutions for various applications – heating and hot water service systems, cooling and air-conditioning systems, industrial applications, pressure boosting and liquid transfer, groundwater supply, domestic water supply, sewage and wastewater, dosing, chlorination systems, disinfection systems and pumps running on renewable energy. For more information, visit http://www.grundfos.in/
For editorial queries, please contact:
Head – Public Affairs
Tel: +91 44 45966896