Grundfos helping India’s Metro Rails become more energy efficient
Chennai, August 24, 2016: Grundfos India a leading manufacturer of pumps, has successfully installed around 100 energy efficient pumping systems for air- onditioning and plumbing applications in five key metro rail projects around the country. These five projects include Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Mumbai Metro Rail Limited, Delhi Metro Rail Limited, Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited and Jaipur Metro Rail Limited.
The transportation sector accounts is a major consumer of energy, around 13% according to UNEP Risø Centre on Energy, Climate and Sustainable Development. Given the growing need and usage of Metros across the country, there is a huge need to provide access to mobility in cities, however ensuring low carbon emissions. The metro rail sector hence has a big opportunity to cut down the emissions by adopting a sustainable approach, one of them being the usage of advanced energy efficient products and solutions.
Given that Grundfos’ advanced energy-saving technology and high efficiency pumps can reduce the average pump's energy consumption by up to 60%, these Metro Rail projects chose to opt for Grundfos. The company offers pumps that help in reduction of life-cycle cost with high-efficiency and reliability.Grundfos made sure that every requirement for the metro rails were met especially in terms of product design, compatibility, superior technology, factory mounted tested and certified system, service support and for easy operation. The pumps installed at these metro rail projects are:
- Hydro-pneumatic pressure boosting systems: These booster systems are made to the very highest standards and can handle even the most difficult boosting jobs with ease and accuracy. They can be used wherever additional pressure is required. Each booster model has been designed to meet specific customer demands for capacity and control.
- Grinder pumps (SEG series): Grundfos grinder pumps (SEG) are specifically designed for areas with no sewer systems or areas where gravitation systems are unsuitable. The high discharge pressure enables transfer of effluents and sewage over longer distances to the public sewer or sewage treatment plant.
- Dewatering pumps (DPK and DWK series): DWK/DPK are excellent pumps for dewatering and draining applications. The combination of compact design with high-pressure capability makes the pumps suitable for use in pits, whether for temporary or fixed installation.
- Back pull-out range of centrifugal pumps (LF Series): These pumps are used in water supply, industrial pressure boosting, industrial liquid transfer, HVAC. Grundfos end-suction pumps are multi-purpose pumps suitable for a variety of different applications requiring reliable and cost-efficient supply.
- Submersible pumps (SP series): Grundfos submersible pumps are renowned for their high efficiency and reliability throughout the range. They are ideal for groundwater supply to waterworks, groundwater lowering and pressure boosting.
Commenting on the successful installation, Gangaprasad G, Vice President – Sales (Building Services), Grundfos India, said, “Metro stations are either underground or elevated ones. In an underground configuration, pumps are used for air- conditioning too apart from drainage, water supply and firefighting. Energy efficiency, reliability, low service downtime form the corner stone for any public utility service. Grundfos with its razor sharp focus on energy efficiency is a preferred brand under such considerations. With its pan-India presence, there is an assured support whenever the customer is in need of one”.
About Grundfos India:
Grundfos Pumps India Pvt. Ltd. (Grundfos India) a wholly owned subsidiary of Grundfos Holdings was established in March 13, 1998. Grundfos India is responsible for sales of Grundfos products in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Maldives. Currently, Grundfos India has more than 250 employees and works with 200 distributors and dealers with 14 offices across India. Grundfos India provides energy efficient pumps and smart pumping solutions for various applications – heating and hot water service systems, cooling and air-conditioning systems, industrial applications, pressure boosting and liquid transfer, groundwater supply, domestic water supply, sewage and wastewater, dosing, chlorination systems, disinfection systems and pumps running on renewable energy. For more information, visit: http://www.grundfos.in/
For editorial queries, please contact:
Head - Public Affairs & Marketing
Grundfos Pumps India Pvt. Ltd.